Comprehensive Guidance & Counseling Program
The mission of the Brookings-Harbor High School Guidance and Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmentally sound program that addresses the academic, personal/social, community and career development needs of all students as they develop into well-rounded individuals, responsible and contributing citizens, productive workers and lifelong learners.
Guidance and Counseling Program Philosophy
The philosophy of Brookings-Harbor High School’s Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program is an essential and integral part of the schools educational program. It exists in order to promote the students’ abilities to live, learn, work and contribute to their communities. We understand that guidance and counseling is vital for our students to achieve personalized, relevant learning and to develop meaningful plans while in school and beyond.
• Growth and learning are developmental therefore the guidance and counseling program must be developmental and sequential.
• The program helps each student prepare for successful transitions
• Education, vocational, and personal objectives are attainable y all students.
• Guidance and counseling is a service coordinated with and implemental by all school personnel.
• Students can become effective, responsible, productive, life-long learners.
• Program content must be integrated into the curriculum.
• Successful completion of the program goals must involve parents and the community.